Sending our prayers to Australia, where communities and wildlife are devastatingly battling the harsh realities of climate change 🙏🏽🧡
If you didn’t know already, Australia is burning. Not figuratively like a sunset. Literally, burning. More than 1/3 of Australians are affected by these catastrophic bushfires, let alone the wildlife, with half a billion animals lost. Even those who aren’t directly affected right now might be in due course, with hazardous levels of smoke pollution in the air. It weighs heavy on my heart to think of the suffering. The lives, homes and memories lost. It can become overwhelming to know what to do, especially if you’re far removed.
However, here are a couple of small things you can do to help, thank you @helloemilie for pulling together such a comprehensive list:
• If you’re able to, please donate to:
– New South Wales, Rural Fire Service Donation Page @nswrfs
– Australian Red Cross @redcrossau
– Salvation Army @salvosau
• Volunteer your time to organisations that need help. Open up your home to displaced people. Check on your neighbours and those who are more vulnerable.
• Vote for change. The government played a huge part in not responding to this emergency when they had the chance.
• Educate yourself on these bushfires and why they are happening. Climate emergencies aren’t freak accidents. Even if you feel far removed now, you never know what could happen in your part of the world and when.
• Spread the message and bring awareness to this cause. We’re all here because we love to explore the world, we can’t just let this slide.
Our planet needs us. We simply cannot continue to take from her without giving back.